Funtimes in Texas

Hello All
Before I say anything else I would like to say thanks to Always Fun Challenges for selecting my entry as one of their Top 3 Picks.  Additionally, I was a blog candy winner over at Tindaloo in Cyberspace and I can't wait to get my winnings which is one of her digi stamps.  Yeah, I am off to a good start here...hope its a winning streak for me.

Now that I've gotten my announcements out of the way let me move on. I just realized that although Thanksgiving hasn't arrived all I can think of is we have only 6.5 weeks before Christmas. I've written out my Christmas list and now all that is left is to figure out how to get it all in time for Christmas.  Perhaps I'll get lucky with Black Friday sales being just around the corner.  Why do we go through this every year, perhaps its the whole atmosphere that makes the hustle worth it?

When I'm not out shopping to complete my Christmas list I am in my craft-room making sure that I have enough cards to share with friends and family.  This part I enjoy doing and sometimes I overdo it a bit.  But its fun creating and sharing what I've created so allow me to share one of my Christmas cards.



Creating this card was quick and easy to do.  All you need is cardstock, some scrap designer paper, a greeting stamp, and the Frostyville die.  Cut the die twice, turn one upside down and adhere to your mat.  Add a strip across the middle accented with a strip of scrap designer paper and then add your greeting.  That's all there is to it.  Quick and easy...I like'em like that sometimes. This idea really did come from one the challenges I am entering and the color combo was because of another challenge although the image wasn't Christmas at all lol.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

The Sketch File - November London Tube Sketch (12/04)
{PIN} Inspirational - #203 Inspiration Image (11/20)
Holly and Ivy Challenge - #18 Anything Christmas Goes (11/11)
Creates and Makes - #16 Anything Goes (11/26)




For this card, I used My Mind's Eye designer paper and black cardstock. I used a Fishtail Die and a Circle die along with a doily to create my layout.  Once the layout was completed I added my greeting, a poinsettia, and a few pearls as my finishing touch.  The hardest part of this card design was deciding on the paper combination.

I'd like to enter this one into the following challenges:

The Merry Christmas Challenge - #42 Anything Goes Christmas/Snow (11/13)
Inspiration Destination- #137 Anything Goes (11/14)
Creative Moments - #130 Anything Goes (11/14)
Crafty Creations - #354 Anything Goes (11/20)
Christmas at Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes Christmas (12/08)

Well now its back to the drawing table because I have a lot more cards to do.  This is when challenges come in handy because you can get ideas from what others do.


Take care and thanks for stopping by.
Sending hugs from Texas
~Lesia




12 comments:

Valerija said...

Two fabulous cards. Love them both!
Valerija xx

mamawcindy said...

Both of your Christmas Cards are beautiful. Love them both! Glad I stopped by. Happy Day to You!
cindys-greencricut

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love the layout of the poinsettia card. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Christmas Challenge.
Cindy DT

Dana Johnson said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Christmas Challenge. ~DT Dana

Furrbster said...

Two very stylish creations!

Thanks for sharing them over at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Grietje said...

Two verry beautiful christmas cards! Thank you for joining our anything goes challenge at Creative Moments. Good luck and hope to see you again next time.

xx Grietje
Grietje's Kaartenhoekje
Creative Moments DT

Brenda said...

Leshia, thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge at The Sketch File.I love how you've used the sketch. Your cards are beautifully designed!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely project Mema, thank you for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

Maikreations said...

Such a fantastic card and thank you for sharing your process, too ;o) Hope to also see you next time at PINspirational Challenges! Happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Tindaloo said...

Congrats on your wins! Gorgeous christmas cards ♥

Tracey T said...

Fabulous layout on this very stylish card. Thank you for playing along at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey

Marjeta said...

Beautiful cards. Simpl and elegant design. Love them both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...